VEGAN ITALIAN HAND PIES
● 1 package of vegan pie crusts
● 4 Plant Provisions Italian Sausage links
● 1 medium-sized potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
● 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (any color you prefer)
● 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
● Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● Olive oil, for sautéing
1. First, cook your sausages. In a small, non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook, rotating, for about seven minutes, until lightly browned on each side. Remove and let cool, slicing when cool. In the same skillet, add a little more olive oil if needed, then add the diced potatoes and bell peppers. Sauté until the potatoes are tender and lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
2. Make your hand pies. Preheat the oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the pie crust, then cut into four small circles, about 4-5 inches in diameter. Add bites of potato and peppers to the pie crust, then fold up the edges to crimp slightly. Place the hand pies on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with a little olive oil for a golden finish. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and add slices of the sausages and top with cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and pie crust is golden.
3. Garnish, then serve. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.